Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Chocolate Cupcakes with Blue Icing

My sister-in-law asked me to make cupcakes for her little Andrew's first birthday. At first I had all these creative ideas of how I could make the cutest cupcakes but in the end... I went to my old go-to chocolate recipe and iced them with blue icing and blue sugar crystals. They turned out way cute though!

My go-to fast and delicious chocolate cupcake recipe:

1 (18.25 oz.) pkg. chocolate cake mix
1 (3.4 oz.) pkg. instant chocolate pudding
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup warm water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips. Mix 2 minutes on medium speed. Increase speed to medium-high; mix 3 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon into cupcake pans lined with cupcake cups. Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and cool.
And look how cute little Andrew is.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment