Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Red Velvet

Why is Red Velvet all the sudden so popular? I'm not going to lie. Red Velvet has never been my first choice. I feel like it tastes like a really dull chocolate. If you are going to encorporate chocolate then why not just make chocolate cupcakes?! Any way just my opinion... :)
So, when my sister mentioned that maybe it would be fun to do Red Velvet cupcakes for her wedding I was not uber excited. But... I decided to find a recipe that looked promising and give it a try. The recipe I found acutally didn't call for any chocolate so I was excited to see how they turned out. Here is the link for the recipe I used. http://thecreativityexchange.blogspot.com/2011/08/most-amazing-red-velvet-cake-recipe.html
Amazingly enough they actually tasted pretty good. The down side was that you use a whole big bottle of red food coloring per batch and it costs about $5 a bottle! We decided to not make these for the wedding but they were fun to make and pretty. :)




I LOVED how they came out of the oven. So perfect. I've never had cupcakes make such perfect little domes before. They reminded me of snow cones. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment